We still have a few last minute spaces available on our 5 day practical courses between now and the end of May 2016.
Call us now or email, to discuss your needs and find out more. We've been getting rave reviews all summer and will give you a truly memorable week of sailing and tuition. There's still time to book in before the end of this season and we're also taking bookings for next season, from the beginning of October 2016.
Check out the feedback page and see for yourself what our customers have been saying about Sail Nelson.
With a wonderful temperate climate and the national record for annual sunshine hours, Nelson has long been high on the list of places to visit for travellers to New Zealand. The mixture of an iconic blue sea, golden beaches, good tidal range and a reliable sea breeze also makes Nelson the perfect sailing destination.
At Sail Nelson we are passionate about giving people the skills and experience to enjoy sailing to the full. We employ the very best Royal Yachting Association trained and qualified instructors, all of whom have covered thousands of sea miles over many years.
Sail Nelson is owned by Chris and Katy Roff, who in 2004 arrived in New Zealand from the UK, aboard their 35ft yacht "Whistler". The school was originally founded by John and Woodi Moore and has repeatedly been awarded RYA School of the Year.
SAIL NELSON Sailing School offers:
- Registered RYA sailing school offering accredited courses to suit your sailing skills and experience
- First class sailing vessel maintained to the highest standards
- Options that range from educational courses to relaxed personalized charters
- A diverse and challenging sailing environment with secluded, safe and spectacular anchorages
- Personalized skippered charters of up to a week in either the Abel Tasman or the wilderness of D'Urville Island and the outer Marlborough Sounds
- A chance to experience the wonders and beauty of learning to sail in Nelson's Abel Tasman National Park
Choose SAIL NELSON and learn to sail or enjoy a charter of your choice in the waters of the stunning Nelson region, in New Zealand’s South Island. Situated adjacent to the Abel Tasman National Park at the northwest tip of the island, the Nelson region is a hub for New Zealand artists and one of the country’s leading wine production centres.