Nelson, with a wonderful temperate climate and the national record for annual sunshine hours, has long been high on the list of places to visit for travellers to New Zealand. This mixture creates a deep blue sea, golden beaches and a sea breeze.
SAIL NELSON is owned by John Moore, a registered RYA (Royal Yachting Association) teacher and skipper with more than 30 years sailing, commercial fishing and teaching experience. He is also a qualified and practising MNZ (Maritime New Zealand) examiner.
The combination of environment, skipper, yacht plus yourself creates the best classroom in the world.
SAIL NELSON Sailing School offers:
- Registered RYA sailing school offering accredited courses to suit your sailing skills and experience
- First class sailing vessel maintained to the highest standards
- Options that range from educational courses to relaxed personalized charters
- A diverse and challenging sailing environment with secluded, safe and spectacular anchorages
- Personalized skippered charters of up to a week in either the Abel Tasman or the wilderness of D'Urville Island and the outer Marlborough Sounds
- A chance to experience the wonders and beauty of learning to sail in Nelson's Abel Tasman National Park
Choose SAIL NELSON and learn to sail or enjoy a charter of your choice in the waters of the stunning Nelson region, in New Zealand’s South Island. Situated adjacent to the Abel Tasman National Park at the northwest tip of the island, the Nelson region is a hub for New Zealand artists and one of the country’s leading wine production centres.