Nelson, with a wonderful temperate climate and the national record for annual sunshine hours, has long been high on the list of places to visit for travellers to New Zealand. This mixture creates a deep blue sea, golden beaches and a sea breeze.
At SAIL NELSON we are passionate about giving people the skills and experience to enjoy sailing to the full. We employ the very best RYA (Royal Yachting Association) trained and qualified instructors, all of whom have covered thousands of sea miles over many years. The sailing school was founded in 2004 by John and Woodi Moore and is now owned by Chris and Katy Roff, who sailed to New Zealand from the UK, arriving in the same year aboard their 34ft yacht "Whistler".
SAIL NELSON Sailing School offers:
- Registered RYA sailing school offering accredited courses to suit your sailing skills and experience
- First class sailing vessel maintained to the highest standards
- Options that range from educational courses to relaxed personalized charters
- A diverse and challenging sailing environment with secluded, safe and spectacular anchorages
- Personalized skippered charters of up to a week in either the Abel Tasman or the wilderness of D'Urville Island and the outer Marlborough Sounds
- A chance to experience the wonders and beauty of learning to sail in Nelson's Abel Tasman National Park
Choose SAIL NELSON and learn to sail or enjoy a charter of your choice in the waters of the stunning Nelson region, in New Zealand’s South Island. Situated adjacent to the Abel Tasman National Park at the northwest tip of the island, the Nelson region is a hub for New Zealand artists and one of the country’s leading wine production centres.